22 Apr 2022
WEEKLY NEWS - 22 April
This week's Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- Cruz Foam’s shell-based Styrofoam alternative brings in $3.4M seed with DiCaprio and Kutcher
Start-up creates a durable compostable packing foam out of shrimp shells.
- Want to learn more about investing in digital aquatech?
Aqua-spark releases 2nd Aqua Insights report focusing on the investment landscape for digital aquatech.
- SafetyNet Technologies raises £1.8M to enable precision fishing for a sustainable future.
Real smart solution with huge potential.
- Valva Capital invests in start-up offering a groundbreaking, sustainable alternative to plastic packaging.
FlexSea is redefining bioplastics with a sustainable, seaweed-derived biomaterial.
- Investment in Alternative Seafood Start-ups Totaled $175 Million in 2021, Up 92% From Previous Year
Based on investments already made this year, 2022 could beat that number.
- Creating Sustainable Textiles From Seaweed.
Uncommon Alchemy is developing a 100% biobased alternative to leather.
- Robot revolution: A new real-time accounting system for ocean carbon.
An international fleet of high-tech robot floats is being built to get near-real-time carbon measurements.
- The information age is starting to transform fishing worldwide.
Slowly but surely, the sector is finally looking at digital solutions.
- CellMEAT to Launch Cultivated Shrimp in Singapore Following $8.1M Series A.
Another start-up cultivating seafood….and probably not the last one.
- Oceans conference comes up with $16b in pledges to safeguard marine health.
Another conference with more pledges. Again, it’s actions that really count.
Have a Great Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.