15 Apr 2022
WEEKLY NEWS - 15 April
This week's Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- IKEA scouting globally to find innovative companies that work with marine materials.
Their marine material innovation accelerator programme is launched this spring.
- Terradepth raises another $20 million to map the ocean floor with robots.
Plans to create a "Google Earth for Oceans. With 80% of the ocean undiscovered, they have some work to do.
- ADB Launches first blue bond incubator to boost ocean Investment.
Supporting ocean-related projects in Asia-Pacific combating the impact of climate change and protecting the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people
- How AI is advancing the Middle East's goal of sustainable fishing.
How tech like this could greatly benefit food security in the long term.
- Salesforce launches new initiatives to grow sustainable ocean-based carbon markets.
Together with global environmental NGOs, co-lead efforts to help define high-quality blue carbon projects and credits.
- Fishing without the fish: lab-grown seafood is on the way.
Whether you agree with it or not, it's happening.
- EU announces €1 billion worth of commitments to protect the ocean.
This includes the €500M announced earlier this month focusing on start-ups and SMEs.
- GCF partnership with Pegasus is set to protect coral reefs across 17 countries.
Great to see the ocean is seen as a good investment
- USAID announces new programs to protect our ocean
More news from Palau’s Ocean Conference. The US’s 24 initiatives to protect our ocean.
Looking for daily news regarding ocean/ blue economy innovation? Follow us on Twitter (@oceanovation).
Have a Great (Easter) Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.