06 May 2022
WEEKLY NEWS - 6 May
This week's Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- 6 Emerging Trends in Marine Robotics.
Exciting variety of innovations powering today’s advancement, from renewable energy to biomimetic engineering.
- Evoy raise 7.3 million Euro in funds.
Evoy’s demo boat is the fastest electric boat in the world, with top speed over 60 knots.
- Dramatic Innovation-Driven Ramp Up of Floating Offshore Wind Anticipated.
Floating offshore wind to expand from current 0.1% to 6,1% % of global wind installations by 2030.
- World's first submersible hydrofoil: 26 mph above the water, 50 m under.
Italian startup iSpace2o’s electric boat is not only fast, but also capable of diving.
- Start-up from Caltech Nabs XPRIZE Award
Captura, which captures carbon dioxide (CO2) from ocean water to combat climate change, has been awarded $1 million.
- Inside the secretive Silicon Valley start-up trying to save the oceans with tech.
Lucy Southworth's Oceankind is now one of the biggest NGO funders of ocean science in the world.
- Venture Lab-backed start-up aims to clean up plastic pollutants
Clean Earth Rovers plans to launch first Plastics Piranha in June.
- A new way to model how waves break.
Engineers use artificial intelligence (AI) to capture the complexity of breaking waves.
- De Beers Group invests US$2 million in innovative kelp start-Up.
Kelp Blue focuses on growing and managing underwater Kelp forests to lock away CO2.
- Are these entrepreneurs the future of ocean innovation?
Meet the 2022 Ocean Cohort for Bright Tide Blue Economy Ocean Accelerator Programme.
- 5G at Sea: Enabling a sustainable blue economy.
JET Engineering’s floating buoys enable Industry 4.0 capacity data transmission rates for offshore operations.
Have a Great Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.