03 Jun 2022
WEEKLY NEW - 3 June
This week's Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- Green startup to raise funds via NFT to clear plastics off the oceans.
- DNA-based biodiversity monitoring company NatureMetrics announces $15M in new funding to bring nature data to the boardroom.
- Marine biologists may have found a surprisingly low-tech solution to bycatch.
- Canadian Pacifico Seaweeds receives $93K from Canadian Food Innovation Network.
- US DOE selects eight marine energy projects for funding support.
- Underwater robots deployed in pioneering study of Scotland's coastal waters to assess fishing impact.
- ZeroNorth raises over $50M to accelerate decarbonisation in shipping.
- Small Vancouver start-up believes it's created the solution to plastic pollution.
- ACCIONA Energía acquires 24% stake in French start-up company Eolink.
- Startups Making Building Materials Out of Ocean Plastic.
- Deep under the ocean, a fresh source of green power takes shape.
- Plastic upcycling startup Novoloop raises $10M Series A extension to accelerate commercialization.
- and finally:
- Visualizing beloved aquatic animals when we reach for plastic might just help us use less of it and protect our oceans.
Have a Great Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.