This week’s Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- How Li Ka-shing backed start-up Notpla plans to replace plastic with a sustainable seaweed alternative.
- HD Hyundai Announces a New “Ocean Transformation” Vision.
- Autonomous Underwater Glider to Eliminate Oceanic Trash.
- Dutch wave energy company attracts new investors.
- How a Hong Kong startup is using 3D-printed tiles to help restore coral reefs.
- South Korea’s SeaVantage receives $1.3M funding led by We Ventures.
- Plainsight and MarineSitu Announce Collaboration to Propel a Sustainable Blue Economy Into The Future.
- Specialised CSIRO cameras capture new species 4,000m under the ocean.
- LA County using Dutch nonprofit’s device to keep trash out of the Pacific Ocean.
- New open access database will better identify sources of plastic pollution.
- First high-tech ammonia-ready Armada vessel arrives in Europe.
Have a Great Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.