This week’s Ocean / Blue Economy Innovation Roundup:
- Captura closes $12M series A round to develop ocean carbon removal tech.
- Researchers work toward harnessing ocean energy to power devices.
- Aquaculture AI firm reels in $8 million.
- In Iceland, start-up founders invent new ways to tackle environmental crises.
- Can giant floating solar on oceans work?
- FoodTech start-up Vgarden recreates the famous canned tuna with plant-protein.
- UK pumps cold cash into green freight with new £7M tech fund.
- 2023 Seaweed State of the Industry.
- Ocean funds: diving into a $24trn ‘blue’ economy.
- Digital advances to increase the sustainability of global fisheries and preserve marine ecosystems.
- Maritime tech breakthroughs in 2023.
- Maine seaweed company Ocean’s Balance establishes alliance with Japanese food manufacturer and raises investment round.
- The ocean plays a key role in the energy transition – so does data.
Have a Great Weekend!
The OCEANOVATION Team.